Tuesday, January 11, 2011






SOULS ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD



My Heart Slows its Beat...

My Lips Droop Sad-

My Eyes Gently Cry,

As I Wonder WHY?

I Think: IT COULD BE ME!



It Matters Not Why...

I Just Offer Food-Fruit-

My Soul Does Not Identify,

I Just Give a SIGH!

And Think: IT COULD BE ME!



Diny



I was driving home from shopping in Lacey (I was back in Olympia...helping Rich pack up Tyndell Circle as we were to move and retire to our newly purchased Arizona home) , and pulled up to the corner of Pacific and Fones. A woman, attractive and middle age, was holding a sign: "ANYTHING HELPS". I gave her some fruit leather and she responded "GOD BLESS YOU"! As I drove away, I teared up and thought of this poem to write. I thought of how blessed my life was...and to never take it for granted.








No comments: